I agree with Emily about typing. That's all we learned in high school: typing, typing, and more typing. It reminds me of round robin reading...there is not much meaning, but a lot of repetition. The class should have been called "Typing 101". I have to say, I did learn how to sit up properly when writing and what fingers to use to type what letters. That helped me build a foundation of some kind, however it was not meaningful to me until instant messaging became so big on AOL. Then it was text messaging from cell phones, and now it is "facebook" and "my space". Wow, how times have changed! I can only imagine what schools will be doing with kids once I have children of my own.
This brings me to my next thought: students teaching teachers. Our assistant principal included something interesting in his Friday Memo. He said a fifth grade student came to a second grade classroom to teach her how to use a technology program. How wonderful would that be for our school to create a list of students who are proficient in technology and which programs they are particularly strong in. I would love to learn directly from children for a change. I learn from children every day, however this would be a unique opportunity and experience to have for a change. Perhaps this is something to mention for resources within our school.
Contributors
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment