Chapter four was easier for me to understand. Probably the easiest so far. This probably stems from using so much of this technology frequently. Word processors are used by me EVERY DAY! On the other hand, spreadsheets are not at ALL my favorite. This just goes to show you how intimidating the unknown can often be! I do not expose myself to spreadsheets enough, therefore they continue to keep me scared. I would much rather prefer to enter a table in Microsoft Word. I am much more familiar with manipulating columns and rows that way. I especially LOVE the new version of Microsoft Office. My favorite feature is how you can highlight your work and scroll through your options-it allows you to view your options as you scroll. Furthermore, you are saving time by not having to click back and forth so many times!
I also often use Microsoft Publisher at school to create my monthly calendar that I send home with my children. I like it as well, but have not figured out what features it has that cannot be used in Word. The only parts I can think of are the various wizards containing a wide range of options. For example: business cards, calendars, posters, newsletters, etc. There seem to be more technical options as far as color schemes, trademarks, water marks, arrangements, etc. I most often stick with Microsoft Word, because it is the most commonly used program that I found with parents in my class. This keeps version recognition under way as well! This way all my parents are in the "know" of what we are doing!
Contributors
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment