Monday, March 24, 2008

Spring Break

How wonderful it was to take a week away from all the worries in the world! I chose to spend the majority of my break at the beach, my favorite place to escape to. From the drive down to the beach until the day I returned, I experienced several uses of technology within one piece: The Garmin. I laughed at my husband when he received this as a gift for Christmas. After this trip, I want one of my own. I typed in the beach address into the Garmin before I left my driveway. It automatically recognized the address before I could finish typing. Throughout the trip, I chose to deviate slightly from the Garmin's path. I took a few different turns my dad had suggested so I would arrive sooner. The Garmin would automatically recalculate itself when I did this. It was very helpful, because it also told me where to turn and when. The Garmin also tells you how many miles until your next turn. This works great with my personality. I knew exactly what to expect and when. My favorite feature is how the Garmin tells you your arrival time. I went through a drive through at one point and it quickly recalculated the arrival time. You can also tell whether or not you are speeding, because the time will change to an earlier one if you are. Overall, I was pleased with the Garmin and my experience with a new piece of technology. It was like receiving a new toy!

1 comment:

Tina said...

Hi Lindsay,
My name is Tina. I am in the class. I received a Garmin for Christmas. My family fears for my safety. I have no sense of direction. I to love all the features. Tina