Learning means a lot of things to me. I think learning is any new information taken from an experience. For example, I went to Academy tonight to look for a tennis racquet. Like anything else in life for sell, there are items that are more expensive than others. I knew that the name-brand racquet must be more, however I wasn't sure why. After holding several tennis racquets, I realized that the more expensive rackets were lighter and more comfortable to hold. Bingo! That is why they were double the amount. I will consider this what I learned today! Pretty neat learning for Spring Break. It just happened to be the most recent thought on my mind.
I was interested to see the other definitions of learning shared from my group members. I agreed with their definitions, however I did not think to word them the same way. I think the important thing to remember when we think about children learning-is how we are teaching. I know I personally respond better to hands-on/visual experiences. Some children, on the other hand, are more abstract and prefer more straight-forward teaching. As long as we keep a healthy variety of teaching methods, I think we are always reaching out to our children's needs!
Contributors
Saturday, March 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment