Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Learning Theories and Computer Integration

I enjoyed learning and reading about different learning theories. This project reminded me of college and the various theories of education. It was a nice refresher course on the history of education. I was interested to learn about social constructivism. I did not realize there was a difference between constructivism and social constructivism.
Throughout this project, I was interested to see the how the examples given by each of us varied tremendously. I say this not only because we each had a different theory, but because some examples were categorized differently from what I would have done. For example, one of my group members considered www.starfall.com a constructivist website. I disagreed and viewed it as more behaviorist. I personally like "starfall" and have it as an option for my children. However, I think the decodable text and repetitive nature of the website makes it more predictable. When I think of predictable, I think of behaviorism, due to the lack of higher level thinking.
Overall, I enjoyed this project. I feel it brought about many discussions within our group.

1 comment:

Susan Larkin said...

Here it is the last day of class and I am finally getting the hang of how to post a comment!!! See mine just above this blog entry. Susan